Tuesday, April 3, 2012

ready...set...GO GET HEALTHY

It's good to be back!! My fam was in town for a week, so when I wasn't slaving away at work, I was busy running around seeing the sights with them. Now that they're gone, I'm back ~ ready to attack!!


I'm actually really glad that they came, because it helped me to stay away from the gym and to eat more. I'm not going to lie, there were times when I felt like the biggest elephant on the block. My body reminded me in no uncertain terms that, yes, dairy is still enemy #1, and yes, gluten's not invited to the party, either. Thank goodness for baggy shirts and leggings!! Whenever I would feel frustrated with my body and how long it's taking to recover from adrenal fatigue, I would just remind myself that it's way more important to be healthy and honor my body than it is to be super skinny and super tired. No matter where you are in your body transformation journey, patience is essential. The harder you are on your body, the harder it is to restore it to health and the longer it takes. That's why it's so crucial to kick your bad health habits to the curb and start taking care of your body NOW. Don't wait!!! And if you're healthy now, don't stop taking care of yourself!!




Remember: Balance is the key to almost everything in health and life in general. Too little exercise is a bad thing, but so is too much exercise. Everybody has their own battle to fight in order to achieve and maintain balance.

For me, finding the motivation to exercise isn't the problem, but keeping my stress levels down is. For too long I've been too hard on my body, pounding it day after day with exercise that it just couldn't handle due to my health issues, and stressing to the max over the little things. So now I'm paying the price. Maybe for some of you, you're mellow yellow and have the relaxing thing down solid, yet you struggle to find the desire to get your sweat on. Or maybe you have a tough time making healthy food choices.


Whatever it may be, pledge RIGHT NOW to start doing right by you. My suggestion is to ease into it and pick one bad habit at a time to work on. Otherwise, you run the risk of feeling overwhelmed and eventually waving the white flag. So, take it one step at a time. Slowly build your momentum and confidence, and pretty soon you'll be feeling so fantastic that you'll be unstoppable!! Schedule monthly checkpoints in the future where you'll stop to assess your progress. As always, if you need help with anything, drop me a line!







No comments:

Post a Comment